USAID AKT LS supports the community of Belo Polje/Bellopojë with the rehabilitation and extension of the water supply system
On November 22, 2016 USAID Mission Director, James Hope, together with Mayor of the Municipality of Peja/Peč, Gazmend Muhaxheri and AKT LS Chief of Party, Nermin Mahmuti joined the residents of #BeloPolje/ Bellopojë in the municipality of #Peja/Peč, to inaugurate the AKT LS Community Initiative project on the Rehabilitation and Extension of the Water Supply System in Belo Polje/Bellopojë. The project comprised installing of new pipelines where they were needed and extends the services of the Hidrodrini Regional Water Company, benefitting the inhabitants of the village. The total cost of this project was USD 86,666, where over 80% of the funds were invested by USAID through AKT-LS program and the remainder by the Municipality of Pejë/Peć. The inhabitants of Belo Polje /Bellopojë will benefit with improved water quality, increased water quantity, and lower consumption of energy, due to the newly installed connection, avoiding the use of the old pump station.
During November, under the Municipal Development Component, Advancing Kosovo Together - Local Solution has held three Training of Trainers programs for Municipal Officials. The Trainings were on the Preparation of Municipal Development Plans (November 9,10,11 2016), the Management Of Municipal Property (November 16, 17, 2016) and on Transparency in Local Government (November 14, 15 2016). These trainings were organized in cooperation with MLGA (Ministry of Local Government Administration) and KIPA (Kosovo Institute for Public Administration). All participants who underwent the training are awarded certificates issued by KIPA.
November 10, 2016 - USAID/Kosovo Director James Hope delivered a speech in the closing ceremony and B2B event of the Business Aid Package program for 32 business grant beneficiaries of USAID’s Advancing Kosovo Together – Local Solutions Program. Mr. Hope together with AKT LS CoP, Nermin Mahmuti handed individualized branding packages to the business beneficiaries, who had been part of the Business Aid Package project, and were supported through grants for their production equipment, tailor-made training and capacity building, as well as market linkage opportunities. The project focuses on supporting micro, small and medium enterprises in their integration to larger markets.
August 30, 2016 - In order to achieve sustainable capacity development, capacity needs to be built/enhanced on the institutional, organizational and individual levels. Based on this today USAID AKT-LS Program signed a grant agreement with Riinvest Institute for designing of Municipal Socio Economic Development Plans in the Municipalities of Gjilan/Gnjilane, Štrpce/Shtërpcë, Obiliq/Obilić and Gračanica/Graçanicë. This assistance will help target municipalities to continue instituting practical and concrete initiatives that will strengthen the legitimacy of Kosovo’s local government system and improve service delivery in the targeted municipalities.
June 14, 2016 The Executive Director of CDF Ms. Nermin Mahmuti, lead partner of the AKT-LS Program implementing consortium and Mr. Svetislav Ivanović Mayor of Novo Brdo/Novobërdë Municipality participated in the ground breaking ceremony for the project “Construction of the multipurpose building” in village Koretiste/Koretishtë.
The multipurpose building is planned to have 340 m2 and its construction will be financed by USAID AKT-LS Program with 99,555 USD whereas the Municipality of Novo Brdo/Novobërdë will invest an additional 65,489 USD.
The project will directly benefit about 1300 inhabitants who are lacking proper community space. The community multipurpose center will offer the inhabitants of Koretiste/Koretishtë better conditions for cultural and social events thus increasing the opportunities for interaction between communities living in Novo Brdo/Novobërdë Municipality.
The Implementation of this project is particularly important for the community of Koretiste/Koretishte, in ensuring equal cultural and social development service provision to their citizens comparable to communities in the region.
Gračanica/Graçanicë, March 25, 2016 – Today, USAID/Kosovo Deputy Mission Director Mike de la Rosa had a meeting with the Mayor of Gračanica/Graçanicë Vladeta Kostic with regards to three implemented projects in this municipality that were funded by USAID through Advancing Kosovo Together Program. USAID/Kosovo Deputy Mission Director and the Mayor of Gračanica/Graçanicë visited a playground for small football/soccer for kids and a parking lot in the village Laplje Selo/Llapllasellë. This project was implemented through Advancing Kosovo Together – Local Solutions Program. Additionally, Deputy MD Mike de la Rosa and Mayor Vladeta Kostic toured the street lighting project in the main Gračanica/Graçanicë road and inaugurated the central heating system installed in Radevo/Radeve village school. These projects were implemented by Advancing Kosovo Together Prime Program.
Obiliq/Obilić, March 16, 2016 – Today, USAID/Kosovo Mission Director James Hope visited Obiliq/ Obilić. During his stay Mr. Hope met with the Mayor of Obiliq/Obilić Xhafer Gashi regarding four implemented projects in this municipality funded by USAID through Advancing Kosovo Together Program. USAID/Kosovo Mission Director and the Mayor of Obiliq/Obilić visited two asphalted roads in Plemetin/Plemetina village and a new lighting system installed on the road from Plemetin/Plemetina to Prilluzhë/Prilužje village. Both projects were implemented through Advancing Kosovo Together – Local Solutions Program. Additionally, Mission Director James Hope and Mayor Xhafer Gashi inaugurated the central heating system installed in Crkvena Vodica/Caravodice village primary school along with the IT equipment supplied for this particular school. These projects were implemented by Advancing Kosovo Together Prime Program.
Prishtinë/Pristina, 29 September 2015 – USAID Advancing Kosovo Together – Local Solutions Program implemented by CDF, in cooperation with the American Chamber of Commerce organized a multiethnic B2B event in which 40 businesses took part mainly from the sector of food and beverages. These meetings are expected to result in new ideas for partnership and possible new contracts.
The event was opened by Mr. Artan Avdiu Chief of Party at Advancing Kosovo Together – Local Solutions Program.
Afterwards the USAID Mission Director Mr. James Hope addressed the participants saying that the mission of AKT Program is to encourage constructive interethnic communication, including cooperation between majority and non-majority businesses. By emphasizing the participation of large domestic companies Mr. Hope encouraged the businesses to strengthen the cooperation between them through contacts made in this event as they will certainly contribute towards the enlargement of their business.
Additionally the guests were addressed by the Mayor of Gračanica/Graçanicë Mr. Vladeta Kostic, Secretary General of Board of Governors – AmCham Mr. Ardi Shita, Kosovo Chamber of Commerce President (KCC) Mr. Safet Gërxhaliu.
The businesses which are members of AmCham and participated in this B2B were: Meridian Corporation, Devolli Corporation, Emona Group, Delfin, Oaza, Toscana & Oxa Group dhe Prince Coffee House.
Pristina, September 30 – Today, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) through its Advancing Kosovo Together – Local Solutions (AKT-LS) finalized the agreements with eleven (11) civil society organizations (CSO). These Kosovo based organization will conduct activities to improve the communication and cooperation between majority and non-majority communities and to increase the efficiency of target municipalities, including organization of multiethnic cultural events, supporting of majority and non-majority businesses through direct technical assistance, increase of communication, cooperation and participation of youth and women in various initiatives.
The activities will directly cover 16 partner municipalities of AKT-LS: Gračanica/Graçanicë, Klokot/Kllokot, Parteš/Partesh, Ranilug/Ranillug, Novo Brdo/Novobërdë, and Štrpce/Shtërpcë, Obiliq/Obilić, Gjilan/Gnjilane, Istog/Istok, Klinë/Klina, Pejë/Peć and Vushtrri/Vučitrn, North Mitrovica/ë, Leposavić/Leposaviq, Zubin Potok and Zvečan/Zveçan.
The benefiting CSO’s are
- Tourism Organization Gracanica (TOG) – Gračanica/Graçanicë
- European Center for Minority Issues (ECMI) – Prishtinë/Pristina
- TV Network (TV Mreza), Gračanica/Graçanicë
- Advocacy Center for Democratic Culture (ACDC), North Mitrovica/ë
- Business Support Center Kosovo (BSCK), Prishtinë/Pristina
- Network of Peace Movement (NOPM), Kamenicë/Kamenica
- NGO Çohu, Prishtinë/Pristina
- Regional Environmental Center (REC), Prishtinë/Pristina
- Riinvest, Prishtinë/Pristina
- Prishtina Institute for Political Studies (PIPS), Prishtinë/Pristina and
- The Centre for Social Affirmation of Youth (CSAY) Ranilug/Ranillug
AKT – LS signs Project Agreement with the Municipality of Klokot/Kllokot for the construction of the Multipurpose Facility
Klokot/Kllokot, August 06, 2015, USAID Advancing Kosovo Together – Local Solutions and the Municipality of Klokot/Kllokot signed a Project Agreement for the Construction of the Multipurpose Facility in the Municipality of Klokot/Kllokot. This project will be funded 83% by the AKT-LS program and the other 17% will be funded by the Municipality of Klokot/Kllokot.
Signing of project agreement with the Municipality of Gracanica/Graçanicë for the construction of a playground for small football in village Laplje Selo/Llapllasellë
Gračanica/Graçanicë, August 03 2015, USAID Advancing Kosovo Together – Local Solution and Municipality of Gračanica/Graçanicë partner for the construction of an infrastructure project in this municipality.
AKT – LS signs Project Agreement with the Municipality of Obiliq/Obilić for constructing two roads in Plemetina/Plemetin Village
Obiliq/Obilić, June 26, 2015, USAID Advancing Kosovo Together – Local Solutions represented by Chief of Party Mr. Artan Avdiu and the Mayor of Obiliq/Obilić Mr. Xhafer Gashi signed a Project Agreement for the construction of two roads “Vidovdanska” and “Bratsvo i jedinstvo” in Plemetina/Plemetin Village. This project will be funded 80.27% by the AKT-LS program and the remaining 19.73% will be funded by the Municipality of Obiliq/Obilić.
AKT – LS signs Project Agreement with the Municipality of Ranilug/Ranillug for the Reconstruction and upgrading of the House of Culture
Ranilug/Ranillug, June 26, 2015, USAID Advancing Kosovo Together – Local Solutions represented by Chief of Party Mr. Artan Avdiu and the Mayor of Ranilug/Ranillug Mr. Gradimir Mikić signed a Project Agreement for the Reconstruction and upgrading of the House of Culture in the Municipality of Ranilug/Ranillug. This project will be funded 68.1% by the AKT-LS program and the remaining 31.9% will be funded by the Municipality of Ranilug/Ranillug.
Novo Brdo/Novobërdë, May 7, 2015 - USAID/Kosovo Director James Hope and the Mayor of Novo Brdo/Novobërdë Svetislav Ivanović signed the Memoranda of Understanding outlining the commitment for partnership in implementation of Advancing Kosovo Together.